I vote no and I can soothe you with an example to support my vote. Example here being : A couple of years back I ordered 2 medium sized Avocados from a retailer online (costing me INR350) with an expectation of spooning the buttery fruit and smashing it, all while imagining the health benefits that I could reap from it. With all the big words put out, breakfast recipes imagined, I was not expecting to receive two unripe fruits I had no idea what to do with. This was one of my many failed experiences with fancy food items.
One thing I learned while juggling between various food items was that even if you expertise in dealing with them, you cannot continue being reliant on them or reap their full benefits. Especially when we have locally grown substitute for each one of them. We can always chew on readily available nuts rather than putting our hopes in a ripened avocado. Some other local items which ace as substitutes can be :
- Indian gooseberries for expensive blueberries
- Amaranth/Buckwheat grain for Quinoa
- Curd for Kefir
- Indian Basil seeds for Mexican chia seeds
The above listed examples are neither pricey nor outlying. So let's pledge on munching our way through local superfoods. Also, the more we shoutout to push the popularity of our local products, the more it will benefit our small vendors and of course, none of us would mind a simultaneous social contribution. 😉
Good effort. Keep it up:)👍
ReplyDeleteThanks <3
DeleteWow!!
ReplyDeleteThanks <3
DeleteA good start...keep going
ReplyDeleteThanks <3
DeleteWow. Well written <3
ReplyDeleteThank you! <3
Delete